Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Today is Thursday....Thankful Thursday.  It's a day where I try to remember to be thankful for at least one thing.  I know that I should be thinking about this every day, but once a week is about all I can manage some weeks.  Today, I'm thankful for the people who are in my son's life, who are working to get him into a better place than he's been in.  I am talking about his family, his caseworker, his JPO, and anyone else that I have forgotten.  


Thank you for your supporting me as well.  I have needed everyone's support to deal with the stress of having a son who is making really bad decisions for himself, and not realizing that his actions affect everyone around him.  I know that they have affected me deeply, and I'm sure they've affected his father as well.  Neither Bob nor I know what else to do for this kid.  At this point, it's out of my hands anyway, now that Children and  Youth as well as Juvenile Probation are involved.  


He will be starting a weekend camp thing, where he MUST report on Friday, hopefully starting next week, and be away from home until they bring him home on Sunday evening.   It looks like a great program, and I'm hoping that my son will look at this as a growing experience, rather than a punishment.  


Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment