Sunday, October 30, 2011

Day After a Big Snow

Today, I woke up to snow melting everywhere.  Last night, I allowed Libby to be off of her leash for a bit, and she was running around like a rabbit in this snow.  I would have sworn that she had springs in all 4 of her paws.  I love how much that dog loves the snow.  She was chasing snowballs and catching them, and just really enjoying it.


Today, the snow is melting.  That always makes me a little bit sad, but it's part of getting snow in October in PA.  You kind of know that it won't stick around for too long. 


Which makes me think of relationships, all over again.  Not just love relationships, but friendships as well.  My friend, Pattie, wrote in her blog today about fake friends, and that got me thinking as well.


I have a few very long lasting friendships.  I love and try to nurture those friendships as much as possible, with everyone living their busy lives.  But, my love relationships, don't seem to last.  I'm not sure if they're supposed to last.  It goes back to fire...fire's not supposed to last either...coals are a different thing, but fire, can be dangerous or it can be helpful.  


It also makes me wonder if I'm doing something wrong here...is it me?  Could it be the men I've chosen, I don't know.  I think that maybe I should just stick with friendships for awhile...that way, my heart doesn't get broken, yet again.  I'm not sure if I could take another heartbreak like that.  I think I'll just stick with friends...benefits could be a nice thing, and I won't confuse that with love...it's different...good thing too.  


Maybe I need to pick better men...maybe I need to really LOOK at them before jumping into relationships with them.  Look at who they are as people first, and then decide if I want to spend time with them...I do that with my friends...why don't I do that with my love relationships?  Is it that I want them to be something that they aren't, do I want them to change for me?  Am I demanding?  Do I expect too much from them?  I don't know...am still trying to figure that out.  I just know that if I have another love relationship, I'll try to do some things differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment