Saturday, October 1, 2011

Old Friends

Had dinner tonight with an old friend.  There's something about that phrase: "OLD FRIEND".  It doesn't say to me that the friend is old, but that the friendship is.  Sometimes, those are the best friendships to have...those who have known you for the longest, kind of tend to know you the best.  It's nice to get together with people who have known me since high school, or even longer.  


This particular friend though, is a bit interesting, because we used to date, many, many moons ago.  Today, he had a bit of a rough day, and as he was in Philly, I told him to just come by my place, since he pretty much has to pass my exit to get back to his place.  


We ate dinner at Friendly's, and while we were sitting there, I couldn't help but remember all of the meals that we used to eat at a different Friendly's a very long time ago.  Memories came flooding back, and while some of those are good memories, and some are bad, the majority of those memories were fond ones.  


It was good for me to get out, remember things, and enjoy someone's company.  I hope that he enjoyed mine as well.  My door is always open, if you need a friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment