Monday, October 10, 2011

Taking my son for processing

This past weekend, I had to take my 16 year old son to the Adams County Adult Correction Facility to be processed.  Can we just say that it was one of the worst days of my life.  I was an emotional mess.  He handled it better than I did, I think.  We had to walk through sally ports, and then I had to turn over my car keys...we were not allowed to bring ANYTHING into the facility except for our photo identification and my car keys.  The people who work there were very nice, which helped me a lot.  They made us sit on this bench that had handcuffs hanging from it, and that was pretty scary for me.  There were 2 people ahead of us, but we were the only juvenile there at the time.  What I remember the most is when they were fingerprinting my son, is my stomach turning inside out on itself, and thinking to myself...OMG, I am going to throw up right here, in the middle of this room, right on this floor.  Please God, don't let me do that.  I couldn't even cry, because I was so freaked out about everything.  I just wanted to get this over with.  I will NEVER do that again, and IF my son needs to be processed again, my ex will take the day off of work to take him.  


I cried the whole way to Dan's place, got to Dan's, had dried my tears, took one look at my best friend, who hugged me, and I lost it all over again.  I must say that it's nice to have friends who will support me, and make sure that I don't have to go home to my place, alone, to deal with that kind of thing.


Rachel, Dan's sister, came by, and we cooked out, had a campfire, made s'mores, and a few adult beverages.  We all stayed at Dan's camper for the weekend.  I like weekends at Dan's camper.  Thank God, this was available for me this weekend.  

2 comments:

  1. Geeze, Kim, I am so sorry. How long is your son going to be in the facility? I went to visit a friend in the Glen Burnie Detention Center several years ago and it was very scary, just being in a detention center (although I didn't see anything out of the ordinary).

    Just another hiccup in this game we call life...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy....My son is living with his father. He just had to be processed, at the adult correctional facility, which meant fingerprinting, mug shot, and paper work. It was scary at the same time, and truthfully, I never want to do that again!

    ReplyDelete