Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Autumn is my favorite season

Ahhh.....Autumn is my favorite season of the year.  I love it!  The colors are fantastic, and just watching them change amazes me every year.  Being back in PA makes my heart sing this year, with watching the change of season.  I don't miss the humidity of the Summer, and I love the cool, crisp air, and there just seems to be a specific scent in the air, that is pungent, and rich.  It seems full of the promise of the harvest, and the coming of Winter.  


Of course, there are also the foods of Fall, that entice me as well.  Chili, my Momma's apple cake, crab dips, Veggie Beef Soup, Beef Stew, Hot, openfaced Turkey Sandwiches, and Cream of Potato Soup.  I can go on and on about Fall Foods.  It's the time for casseroles, and soups, and these are the best months for shellfish...Crabs are fat, clams and oysters seem to be sweeter, and the lobster is awesome.  For an East Coast Girl, there is not much better than Fall Seafood.  


Then, we come to wardrobe.  I love my sweaters, sweats, and woolens.  I don't know what it is about the coziness of the clothing for this time of  year, but I love it.  The different layers to keep me warm, even though this is the first year that I've really felt chilly, and I'm completely enjoying that as well.


And finally, we come to the activities:  Campfires, Roasting of Marshmallows, Jumping into the leaves, picking apples, Stargazing seems better this time of year too, and wine tastings...I prefer to taste wines this time of the year..oh, and warm wine?  YUM!  


So, come join me, enjoy the Autumn weather, get outside, do some sight seeing in your own town...go places that only the tourists go...You'll learn so much about your home.  I love that. Going to places only the tourists go, because you get to watch people enjoy your home area, and you get to learn stuff too!  

No comments:

Post a Comment