Thursday, September 1, 2011

So, it's my 45th birthday.  It's the first one, in the past 14 years that I've spent alone.  One would think that this would make me unbelievably unhappy, but the truth is, I'm not.  With the fact that my birthdays were usually disappointing for the majority of the time, as my ex never did much on my birthday for me, or, would do something that I didn't even want to do.  The past 3 were good, as what I wanted to do for my birthday was to spend time with my grandchildren, and we did that.  This is the first year since Isaiah has been born that I didn't spend some time with them, over my birthday, and THAT is what I am missing the most.  I miss those little boys something awful, and I miss their father and their mother.  I don't know when I'll be able to afford to go down and visit them, but am hoping that it will be soon.  So, at 45, I wasn't expecting to be going through a divorce, but it is what it is, and I am making the best of it.  So, here goes...Happy Birthday To Me!  I'm going to take care of some bill paying, go to the Library, and get a library card, then will head over to the Jewelry Store, to bring over my wedding set, and see if they can't maybe make me a pair of diamond cluster earrings, and some kind of pendant out of the center diamond.  We'll see what they say.  


The one thing that I have learned this birthday, is that there are so many people who love me and care about me, and want what is best for me.  I am so blessed to have those people in my life.  Thank  you...y'all know who you are!  My life would not be the same without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment