Saturday, September 17, 2011

Insomnia SUCKS

Insomnia is my worst enemy.   First off, it starts sort of benignly, by my not being able to get comfortable enough to sleep, then, as I get frustrated, it just gets worse, and worse.  Tonight, just happens to be one of those nights.  It doesn't help that I'm a natural night owl, and the fact that the ex used to get up in the am and feed breakfast, while I did the 2 am bed-checks...yes, with teenagers, one must make 2 am bed-checks...especially when a 14 year old girl looks you straight in the face and has the nerve to ask what would happen if one of them had snuck out in the  middle of the night.  The answer was that that child would find ME sleeping in their bed, and what is the worst part of this...I do NOT wake up well...and even my then 4 year old said to a friend of ours: "peas don't wake my mommy, seee's awfuuuullly MEAN in da' mornin''!  Now if a 4 year old realizes this, wouldn't ya think that the 14 year old would see it as well?  


So, now, I'm stuck on that same stinking clock...And I've tried everything...staying up until it's time to go to sleep the next night, and then, I'm actually TOO tired TO sleep...I've had this problem for as long as I can remember.  I can sleep all day, but then I'm up all night!  So, if anyone has any ideas, besides what I'm already doing, which is taking a good multi-vitamin, getting out of my bed in the am and not getting back into it at least until 9 pm, and then, I also take an Rx sleeping pill....which is the other reason that I wake up so poorly, because I feel like I have to literally CRAWL out the unconsciousness.     


The other contributing factor to the insomnia is depression, and then chronic pain on top of it, and it makes it difficult for me to get comfortable enough to sleep.  I've tried turning off the TV, but then it's TOO freaking quiet, and then I hear all of these crazy noises, and those will keep me up too...




Am thinking that I'm going to need to talk to my doctor about all of this...as the meds aren't working...took the dang thing at 11 pm, and here it is, 3:54 am, and I am still WIDE awake.  I need to get moving tomorrow, and head over to York, as I have to pick up a medication, some dog food, and I'd like to go to Bath and Body Works, as my mom sent me a lovely check for my birthday, and I love their Japanese Cherry Blossom soap and spray...it just smells really good, and remember, I'm kind of pampering myself this week...so, I say it's a necessity.  Plus, the bestie and I want to go out Sunday night, and I'd LOVE to find a cute/sexy top for that evening...Ahhh...gotta love Lane Bryant for us bigger girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment