Saturday, January 7, 2012

Technology and me 2

So, the newest saga about my phone...Went back to Best Buy today, and had them look at the phone again...turns out it wasn't the wireless card, it was my 16G mini-SD card that was malfunctioning.  


So, I, the most technologically inept person that I know, had to take her mini-SD card, put it into my laptop, and transfer all of the files off of it, then, had to delete all of the files on the SD card, and then had to put the SD card BACK into my phone, and re-format it...my phone wiped it all clean, and then I had to tether the phone back to the laptop and then re-install everything.


Be proud of me, dear minions, as I was able to actually do all of that, with very little problems!  I'm starting to shock myself with what I am able to do on my own.  Used to be that either Kent or Shayna would fix my technology problems, but now, without either of them, I have to do it myself.  I am finding that things that I thought were difficult for me to understand really aren't, and I can muddle about and figure stuff out for myself.  


That brings me to the next point...as I'm figuring things out for myself, it makes me realize that I'm more and more able to do things, and that I'm not as helpless as I'd been made to believe that I was.  I think this new revelation is making me even stronger.  I like that.  Strong is good, independent is good.  It doesn't mean that I don't want someone to depend upon, but right now, it's nice to know that I can do it.  



No comments:

Post a Comment