Thursday, January 26, 2012

Really?!?!?

OK....so after a good talk with the soon to be ex-husband, I'm feeling a bit weird.  Yes, we got some issues ironed out, and my car insurance is taken care of, and it's a lot cheaper...YAY, but still, he said something to me that has me feeling a bit incredulous.


He told me that he was "proud" of me, my accomplishments, and my resilience. Really?!?!?!?!  I'm not sure why exactly he feels that's necessary, or why he's even feeling proud of me.  Did he forget who I was?  I'm thinking YES!  I've always been resilient, and I've always accomplished a lot with very little, and I've always been strong and a survivor.  What is new?  Nothing!  He's proud of my new attitude?  WOW!  My attitude has only changed because I don't have to deal with him on a daily basis!  


Either way, I'm doing me, and I'm doing it well enough to garner his pride.  Whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment