Thursday, January 5, 2012

Bad Day

Today was just one of those days that if it could go bad, it did.  The day started off well enough, but quickly went downhill.  I had 4 jobs to run today, from Mechanicsburg to Elizabethtown to Bainbridge, and then to Elizabethville.  Due to my work schedule, I could not personally attend a court hearing for my 16 year old son.  Fortunately, they were able to phone conference me in, and that was a huge help.  


My day got bad when I got a text from the caseworker saying that the hearing would start later today than it was supposed to, and then on the drive to Elizabethville, my GPS went a little crazy, and wanted to take me a way that I knew would only take me up a dead end mountain road.  Not following the GPS makes it freak out, and of course, it keeps telling me to turn around.  I had to turn the voice off on it, because it was making me nuts!

Then, I get to the job in Elizabethville, and I can't find the address...walked around this place for a half an hour...drove around for another half an hour, and all the while, I'm on the phone with the judge, for the hearing.  AARRRGGGHHH!


Once I got off of the phone with the judge, I had to call my boss, and now, he's on the computer at his office, on the aerial view of the area, and neither of us can find this house!  Finally, we were able to do so.


As to the court hearing, we have to attend another family group meeting, and deal with the communication issue between my ex and me, and the judge did say that he understood my frustration...which is a first...and that I wasn't asking for anything outrageous.  I just want to be told by the custodial parent of our son that he is not going to school because he's sick, and that he'd been kicked out of whatever program that he's been kicked out of.  My son also has to do an EXTRA 40 hours of community service to pay Children and Youth back for being kicked out of the weekend jail program, because he didn't attend 2 weekends in a row.  Gahhhh...I just feel like my ex and my son are not taking this seriously, and I am not going to go down with them.  Fortunately, the judge sees that I'm doing the best that I can with what I'm being told, and he also agrees that I need to be in the loop of information regarding my son...Thankfully!


So, now, I'm working a small migraine, have taken my meds, and thank God that Dan checked the oil in my car this evening...I was way low...thankfully, I had a quart in the trunk, and he put that in my vehicle as well.  Thanks Dan!  You are the bestest guy friend that a girl could have!

1 comment:

  1. Prayers coming for you Kim.. And (((((HUGS))))) to. Love Ya lots Michelle

    ReplyDelete