Tuesday, January 24, 2012

New Day

So, today is a new day.  It's a good thing.  I'm making some big decisions for my future and my life.  I'm trying to do things that are the best for me, and am making sure that's what's happening.  I've spent so many other years doing what's best for my kids and my husband, and our whole family, making myself the last priority.  That can't happen anymore.  Don't get me wrong, it was necessary for me to put everyone else first in my life during that time of my life.  However, it's a new day in my life.


I'm going to date, whether the kids are ready for me to date or not, as I am ready to do so.  I also think that I'm entitled to some kind of happiness.  I've done the responsibility thing, and now, it's time to have some fun...I've earned it.  


I've met a nice gentleman, who is sweet to me.  He is older than me, thinks that I'm pretty, and that I'm smart...no one has told me that in a long time.  He treats me like a lady, which is VERY important.  He is also not rushing me, which is something that I REALLY like.  I do really like him, and truthfully, he scares me a bit, because I'm not sure where this could be going, and even though I'd like for it to move forward, I'm afraid to do that.  I find it interesting that I really look forward to his text messages and phone calls, and find myself hoping that he'll ask me out again.  Scary stuff.  Am I ready to be in another relationship?  Do I really want that, and the answers that I keep coming up with is yes, and yes!  So, it's time to let go, and enjoy this time....enjoy himself, and just let it take me where it's going.  I need to stop being so much in my head and obsessing about things.  That makes me crazier than normal.  It's not good for me.  


It's all about what's good for me, for my emotional health, and my physical health.  It's all about me now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment