Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year!

Happy New Year to you and yours.  Thanks for making my 2011 a decent year.  As you all know, this has been a very difficult year for me.  With my husband asking for a divorce, and losing an extra kid, it's been a very rough year.  

As I sit here, at my computer and think back, I see so many struggles, but I also see some triumphs as well.  I've learned a lot this year.  A lot about myself.  I've learned that I am a strong person, and that what does not kill me, will only make me stronger.  

I am really missing being married tonight.  I don't know what it is.  I thought that I had made it through the holidays with grace, but today has been really difficult.  It's Shayna's birthday, and my husband is not here celebrating her turning 19, and there will be no one to kiss at midnight.  It just makes me so sad.  I don't want to be sad tonight.  I want to look at 2012 with expectation of goodness, and not sadness, but right now, I'm thinking about loss.  

I wish nothing but everything good for all of you.  I wish for happiness, good health, and love for each and every one of you.  I hope that your 2012 will be much better than 2011 has been!  Be safe tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment