Thursday, December 15, 2011

Another step

Today, I took yet another step away from my husband.  I got a new cell phone and plan.  I know that that doesn't seem like a very big deal to most of you, but for me, it's a huge deal.  Not only do I have a new phone, but I also have a new phone number, and it's just mine.  I've always had joint accounts with the husband.  Now, the account isn't mine, I'm on Momma P's business account, but that's ok.  I'll be paying for it, on my own, and that's a big deal.  


I had to go to Easton yesterday for a doctor's appointment for my daughter.  The good news is that she doesn't have Lupus, as her allergist thought.  The bad news is that she has Excema, and it's a chronic skin condition, and it has now turned into Impetigo.  ICK!  However, while I was at the office, I stepped up on his scale to check my weight.  It was the first time that I've stepped on a scale without fear.  I am now down 58 lbs, from my weight of this time last year.  So, that averages out to a little more than a pound a week, and that's a good thing.  I'm noticing how much larger my clothing seems, and that feels REALLY good!  I bought a sweater at WalMart yesterday, and that was a size 16/18...from the regular woman's department...NOT the plus sizes.  WOW!  I'm thrilled!  I can't wait to try on some of my pants from about 6 years ago. I bet that they either fit me perfectly, OR are too big!  If they are too big, I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but I think a newer wardrobe might just be in the future for me.  


Her dermatologist also said that for the most part, my skin looks great, however, I have these 2 lighter toned marks under my left eye, and he says that they could be a sign of high cholesterol, so I'll have to get a doctor's appointment up here in PA, and get that checked out, but that also the removal of those 2 spots is covered by my insurance, it's a 30 minute surgery, and there would be little to no scarring.  So, I'm going to have those taken care of after the first of the year.  YAY!  I am a little bit vain when it comes to my face.  It's cute, and I'd like for it to stay that way.  



No comments:

Post a Comment