Monday, July 9, 2012

What is BEAUTY?

A friend asked this very question on her facebook wall the other day, and I'm curious about what everyone else thinks about this as well.  I have also been thinking about this question, and why it's important to me.  


I believe that beauty is found everywhere.  I see it in the older woman's eyes, as she is being kind to another person and me at our workplace, when another customer has been unbelievably rude to us.  I find beauty in nature all of the time...a sunset, a sunrise, the full moon on it's rise to the heavens, the lightening bugs, and all other manner of sources.  I find beauty in the way a mother holds her child's hand, or how a father supports his children at sporting events.  Sometimes, in even the ugliest of situations, I can find beauty.  During an EMS call, when someone is in serious condition, I can find the way that a loved one cares for the sick or injured to be beautiful.


I have also found that some of the people that I have seen who are considered to be "Beautiful" are some of the ugliest people that I know, and their actions and attitudes are what make them so ugly to me.  I don't always think that beautiful is a physical look, I think it's the inside of a person, and how they act and react to situations.  I strive to be graceful in how I handle myself, and I can find that to be beautiful as well.


Now, do I think that I am physically beautiful, no...I don't.  Now, don't get me wrong here, I don't think that I'm ugly either, nor do I think that I'm hideous.  I just think that I'm never going to win any kind of beauty pageant, and that's alright by me.  What I am is CUTE.  I like being cute.  Cute can get away with things that Beautiful cannot!  I like being feisty, fiery, opinionated, loving, kind, and all of the things that I am.  I've made my peace with not being one of the beautiful ones.  I'm happy with it, and isn't that the most important thing in the end?  That I'm happy with myself?  That's what I think.


So, come on...tell me what YOU think is beautiful!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment