Friday, July 13, 2012

What was I thinking?

So, I started my first "real" college class this week.  What was I thinking?  I am completely overwhelmed!  This is crazy stuff.  I forgot how much I hated required reading..especially when it's something that I'm not too interested in, and then, there's the homework issue.  Good Lord, am I too old for this?  I have forgotten so much stuff.  This week is all about grammar, and for the most part, I'm pretty good at grammar, but I've forgotten all about how to use commas, and semi-colons.  Punctuation marks, proper sentence formation, congugating verbs...REALLY?!?!  


I do love the learning process, but I'm thinking that if I'm having this much trouble remembering my grammar, which was a favorite subject of mine in high school, what is going to happen when I start a math class?  OMG, a nightmare to be sure!  I am so not left-brained.  I don't think in numbers, and I'm terrible at angles.  Geometry is only good for shooting pool, bowling, and playing putt putt...I'm in trouble when it comes to math.


Ok, so the good thing is that University of Phoenix has workshops on math, and those are free, and believe me, I plan on going to some of those.  I'm going to need them!  They have a lot of resources too, and I've been using the grammar ones as well.


I'm more worried about all of the computer work.  God knows that I am very technologically challenged, so that's a bit of an issue, but I'm working around it, and their web site is pretty easy to use.  That helps.  Every little bit seems to help.


I didn't expect this type of work-load, but I'll get used to it.  I have too many goals with this whole "expanding my mind through education" thing.  I want to have nothing less than a 3.85, and my main goal is a 4.0 for my gpa.  I want to have the best grades that I can have, and that's important to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment