Sunday, July 15, 2012

FRUSTRATION

The past 2 days have been filled with major amounts of frustration for me.  As y'all know, I've chosen to go back to school full time.  Y'all also know that I only go to school one night a week to campus, but the rest of the work is done online.  The University of Phoenix works a lot with learning teams.  This is the first week that we are working in our teams.  There are four people on a learning team.  We are also to switch off as the team leader for the week, in the next 4 weeks of class.  


So, this week, I was elected as the team leader.  We have 2 assignments that needed to be completed.  With that said, the first assignment was a team charter, to have all of our rules, and each of our other contact information, such as phone number and outside of school e-mail addresses. All but one of the team members did that much.  The other things in the team charter have to do with what rules that we'll follow, and it's important to have each team member be involved in setting of these rules for our team.  If one team member cannot be involved in setting these rules, he or she is going to be pretty upset in having to follow rules that they did not agree to.


The second assignment is a worksheet that has to have 3 paragraphs.  The one that was assigned to the specific team mate who has been AWOL, is on personal responsibility.  The other 2 team mates wrote their paragraphs, sent them to me to edit, and now, I have to put those paragraphs together, write the AWOL team member's paragraph, and then edit ALL of these together to make one cohesive document.  UGH!  


I'm just really frustrated with this, as I have my reasons for wanting good grades, my other team members have their reasons for wanting the same things.  If those of us who want the same grades, and have the wherewithal to go out and get those grades, and do the work that is needed to get those grades, then why should we be saddled with a team mate who doesn't want those things, and who is holding back the rest of the team?  Is it fair to the rest of us?  I don't think so.  Fortunately, neither does our instructor.  I've been in constant contact with the rest of the team and in contact with our instructor today.  She is going to not reduce our grade because of the ineptitude of one of our team.  That's the good news.  Now, however, the frustration is that the work still needs to get done, and I have to be the one to do her share of the work.  


Arg!

No comments:

Post a Comment