Thursday, July 19, 2012

Special Friends

Tonight, I am thinking about the people in my life who are special friends.  Now, we all know that I joke a lot about being "special", as in special ed, but I'm not talking about that at all.  I'm talking about the people who love me and support me, no matter what.  


With the happenings of this week, and my son's inability to follow the rules of his probation, I've had a really bad start to this week.  It's ended so much better.  Those of you who have stepped up, and loved and supported me through all of this, you know who you are.  I am not going to mention names, but I will say to each and every one of you, that I appreciate you more than you all will probably ever know, because I am not sure that are words in the English language to express how much I love and appreciate you.  


You are the people who encourage me, tell me when I'm doing something wrong, support me when I'm doing the right things, tell me that I can do whatever it is that I have set my mind to doing and let me know that I'm on the right track.  You let me know your opinions, and do not get frustrated with me, if I decide to follow my own path. Those of  you who respect me, and understand that I have to have boundaries in my life, and encourage me to set those, and hold me to them.  To you who will hold my feet to the fire, if I'm walking in an inappropriate direction, and those of you who will keep me accountable, to you: THANK YOU!  

No comments:

Post a Comment