Monday, July 9, 2012

Self Protection

It has hit me lately that I need to be the one to say no in situations.  I also need to set boundaries in my life.  I'm sorry if that hurts some people, but the truth is that I get to say who touches my life, in which ways they touch my life, and how they touch my life.  I also get to say who doesn't get to touch my life.  


It strikes me as funny, in an ironic way, that people who have known me for a long time say things to me about my setting these boundaries that I've changed.  Well, of course I've changed. My whole life has changed, and in most ways, it's changed drastically and for the better!  However, it is MY responsibility to make sure that drama and stupidity do not touch my life.  I don't like drama and stupidity.  I just want to be happy, happy with my life and those who are in it.  It's up to me to be responsible for my own happiness.  Therefore, that means that I have to be the one to protect my heart, because, unfortunately, it just seems to me that no one will stand in the gap to protect my heart, so it's up to me to do it.  


I'd love for someone to stand in that gap, however, that's not happening right now.  I also don't think that it's too much to ask for, either.  If I'm standing in the gap for someone else, I expect that he'll do the same for me.  What happened to that?  What happened to people protecting each other's hearts, when they are in relationships?  What happened to putting their relationships first?  What happened to plain old common sense?  I don't know.  I wish I did, but I don't.  



No comments:

Post a Comment