Wednesday, July 11, 2012

School Supplies

I went "Back to School" shopping this morning.  I don't know what it is about  new school supplies that makes me so happy.  All I know is that I now have new notebooks with no writing in them, a new dry erase board that's still white, new pens, and dry erase markers.  It's all new...that might just be it..that it's new.  


Last year, I didn't go school shopping because I didn't have kids in school, this year, I still don't have kids in school, but I am.  Since most of my school work is done online, I didn't need a whole lot of things, just some pens, and a couple of things to make it easier for me to take notes.  Even though everything is done on the computer, I'm still a bit old-schooled, in that I like to write things down.  I learn better that way.  If I hear something, then see it, and then write it down, I'm learning.  It's the way I memorized my spelling words, or bible verses for school back in the 80's, it's how I learned my anatomy and physiology when I was an EMT student in the mid-90's, and it's how I learned what PSI to use on fire hoses, when I was a Fire Fighter Student in the late 90's.  Now, things have so changed in the learning arena.  I'm having some issues in keeping up with it.  Somehow, it's not normal to read a book on my computer.  It feels strange to me.  I miss the pages in books, I miss the way that they smell, I just miss books!  I miss writing my research papers on a typewriter...what happened to the return button, and hearing the barrel return, with a ding.  Maybe I'm really just OLD!


Who knows...I will say this much...I do NOT miss the card catalog at the Library!

No comments:

Post a Comment