Monday, February 20, 2012

Cheshire Cat

The past week, I've been finding myself grinning like the Cheshire Cat from Alice In Wonderland.  Today, that grin has gotten even bigger.  I had coffee with a new man today...and I must say that he intrigues me, and makes me think about who I want to be, and how I want to be in a relationship.  He allows for me to be who I am, and accepts that I'm not the same as he, and wants me to be different than he.  Gotta love that in a man.  He is secure in himself, and likes women.  I haven't met too many men like that.  Oh, I meet men...don't get me wrong, it's never been too difficult for me to find dates, but those men weren't really men, they were over-grown boys.  This man, is a MAN!  


It's also the fact that he likes women.  He is a man who enjoys a woman's opinions, who thinks that women's opinions make his life better, and that those same opinions are always given consideration before he makes a decision.  WOW!  I guess I haven't been with men before...because this fact about him really amazes me.  He's kind, and gentle, and is a gentleman...walked me to my car, opened it's door for me, gave me a quick kiss goodbye, and told me to drive safely.  There was an e-mail waiting for me when I got home, to tell me that he enjoyed my company today.  I love that.


So, while I'm not getting my hopes up to high, I'm going to enjoy this time in my life, and enjoy getting to know him better, and hopefully, it will move forward and into a relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment