Monday, February 6, 2012

After the Mammogram

So, I had the dreaded mammogram on Friday afternoon.  First off, I have to say that I am so glad that I no longer have that time of the month, as it would have been unbearable, but it wasn't too bad.  Since there has been no phone call today, and the tech allowed me to look at my images, and said that everything looks good, that's awesome news.

Now, mammograms save lives, and they are important.  However, I, for one, had successfully managed to avoid it for 10 years.  I should not have put it off that long.  I do my monthly self-exams, and usually take my doctor's advice, but I was wrong in not doing this.  It was a quick 10 minutes in the exam room, and then a bit of smooshing, and it was all done.  

Since breast cancer can also affect men, I think that everyone should have this test done.  Be healthy...as the people who love me said this past week: "it's better to have them smooshed than to lose one"!

No comments:

Post a Comment