Thursday, February 6, 2014

A Daughter is getting married

Hey there y'all!  Big news in our lives these days.  My daughter is getting married!  OMGOSH!  This is the second wedding in less than 12 months for our family.  My son, Andrew, was married last June, and now, Shayna is getting married on Valentine's Day.

Planning a small wedding for my daughter has been overwhelming to say the least.  We are hosting the ceremony and small luncheon at our house!  That means a lot of planning, moving furniture, hosting guests, and cleaning our home!  Not that house isn't clean, it just needs to be straightened up a bit, and sheets changed in the guest rooms, and cleaning of bathrooms.  Thankfully, we have the space for all of this.

Yesterday was spent making salt-dough ornaments for her favors, and they turned out really cute.  I'm doing the finishing touches on them today.  Tomorrow, I will be able to go figure out which furniture needs to be moved, where I'm getting the wedding cake, and how much I need to spend on food.  WHEW!  It's a lot!

I'm still freaking out a bit over the whole "My Daughter Is Getting Married" thing.  When did I get OLD enough to have a daughter who is ready to be married?  All I did was blink my eyes and now, she's a grown up!  How did that happen?  When did it happen?  She's still in diapers and needs me for everything!  Now, she is ready to form her own family!  Tomorrow, I will post some advice that I want to make sure that I give her.  It's still crazy to believe that she's getting married!


No comments:

Post a Comment