Thursday, February 20, 2014

My Daughter Is Now A Married Woman

I can now say that my daughter is a married woman.  It still feels a little strange to say that, and to hear her call Tim, her husband!  I'm thrilled that they are married.  All of the hard work to make this wedding come together for them was successful.  That makes me happy!  There were times in the last 7 weeks that I wasn't sure that it would all come together, and now that the ceremony has taken place, the cake has been cut, and the bouquet has been thrown, I can take a minute and look back at everything.

Even with a huge amount of snow the day before, we had a beautiful day!  18 inches of snow on the ground also enhanced the beauty of the photos that were taken.  The kids will have an awesome memory of that.  GB and Pap had to run out the morning of the wedding to pick up the cake, and pick up some of our guests, as the snow didn't allow for us to be able to park everyone close to the house.  The grooms parents made it to the ceremony with no troubles.  Shayna looked stunning!  I can't get over how pretty she was as a bride, and how much her face shone when she saw her groom on that day.  The look on his face was priceless.  I usually always watch the groom, as the bride is walking down the aisle, as that look, when he first sees her is amazing, but this wedding, I was too busy watching my daughter walk towards the man she loves.  I needed to capture every memory that I could.  Fortunately, GB caught the look on Tim's face in a photograph, and that will suffice!

My house was full of the people that we love and who love my daughter.  There were a few people missing, and their not being there was felt, but we know that the weather didn't cooperate, and new jobs, or distance prevented their attendance.  Just know that we missed y'all being here and that we love you!

Now, we are able to get the ball rolling on the kids moving to Ft. Meade, and to get their household built.  They don't have a whole lot of anything, but they'll build it, just like we all did.  I forgot how expensive it was to buy the household staples all at once!  Things like sugar, flour, condiments, toilet paper, cleaning supplies, and so on!  They'll do just fine!

Congratulations Babies!  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment