Tuesday, October 22, 2013

New Life

As I sit here this afternoon, I have to say that I've had some interesting thoughts.  While this move has been a good thing for me, and for my relationship, it has come at a price.

I am really missing my Momma P, my Pap, Rachel, and Abby today.  I'm used to being surrounded by friends and family.  I miss being able to walk up the stairs and have mom and pappy, or Rachel there to talk to, and I miss walking out onto the front porch, and having Abby there to talk to.

The house is beautiful, and I am sitting in the family room right now, looking at the photo wall that Boyfriend and I created, and am thinking about every person on the walls, even the ones that I don't know, and I think that these are the people with whom we have shared our lives.  We're combining our lives now, and for the most part, we've introduced the other partner to our "important" people.  There are some who won't be introduced any time soon, and that is by their choice.  I can't help but feel sad about that, but it is not my place to step in, either.  It has to be done in their time.  I'm patient.


No comments:

Post a Comment