Sunday, October 20, 2013

The BASEMENT

Yesterday, GB and I put up our photo wall in our Family Room.  It is FANTASTIC!  I love having a huge wall for us to put photos of the people that we love, who love us, and who share our life!  It is an amazing sight!  Two people with differing levels of OCD probably shouldn't try to do a project of this magnitude, but we did, and we succeeded!

Today, I went through our Cozi app on my laptop, and got a master grocery list put together.  It's nice to have an App that will do that, and send the list to both of our phones.  This way, if one of us is out, then we can just check the list, and pick stuff up.  Next thing to do is to get my Sam's Membership back.  I miss shopping there.

We also found and hung up my dry erase stuff, which means that I can plan menus again, and figure out what we need when we use the grocery shopping list on the Cozi App.  I love organization, and need to be organized, or stuff will just never get done.

Today, GB has been working in the basement to get it all cleaned out, as tomorrow is Bulk Trash Pick-Up in our neighborhood.  Hoping to get all of the trash out of there, so that we can get it cleaned up as well.  He doesn't think that he's done a whole lot down there, but I can see a big difference.  At least now, most of the stuff has been gone through, and he can decide what to do with it.  My thought, BIG DUMPSTER!  Either way, I'm just going to encourage him to keep going down there.  I feel badly that I'm not too much help down there, right now, because there is SO much stuff that needs to be decided upon, and it's just not my place to make those decisions.  I'm also very overwhelmed every time I go down there.  To say that it is FULL of stuff is NO understatement.  I'm not sure why it wasn't packed up and moved, but now, we have to take care of it, and since it's been abandoned here, we have to deal with it.  UGH!

The house is now starting to look the way that we want it to look.  I'm surprised at how well our stuff goes together.  It's starting to look like a home that showcases each of us.  I just feel that a home should reflect the people who live in it, both of us, in our case, need to be represented.  It's coming along.  Besides, making a home is never finished, people evolve, things change, tastes change.  Can I just say that I can't WAIT to paint in here, and get rid of the baby poop yellow on the walls?  Spring can't come fast enough for us to be able to do that!

Hope that y'all have had productive weekends as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment