Monday, October 21, 2013

Day To Day

We're settling into the day to day routine of living in the new house.  I think that I've been a bit spoiled by the government shut-down.  While it was a stressful time for us, it happened at a good time for us as well.  The schedule in the past couple of months have allowed us the time to spend together.  After my 10 days in Hawaii, he was on leave, then spent one day at the office, had 5 days in VA for a class (where I had the time to go down with him for a few days), and then we moved, and he had one day at the office again, and then the shut-down.  So, basically, he's been able to be home with me for the past 2 months.  I've loved every minute of it.  The shut-down happened at a good time, at least for the ability for us to get a lot of work done in the new house.

Today is his first day back at the office and I find myself feeling a bit lonely.  I've had time to clean up a bit, just basic house cleaning, and to crochet, which I haven't had time to do, and I miss crocheting this time of year.  I have a new cross stitch to get ready to work on, and a couple of other crafts that I want to get to, and I'm pretty good company.  But, today, it's just weird that he's not here today.  Even the dog is missing him.  Sigh...

I'll get used to being here on my own, and I'll start looking for a job here shortly, but right now, there's need to be home, and to take care of the house, and getting Libby used to being here.  She's doing pretty well.  She's making "friends" with the other dogs in the neighborhood.  Two of the dogs are quite friendly with her, and one of them, actually will bark for her if she's not outside.  When I let her out, and he's not outside, she'll sit by his fence and whine for him.  I think it'll take about 2 weeks before he figures out that he can jump the fence and hang out with her!

I'm making friends in the neighborhood as well.   I'm finding that the neighbors here are very friendly.  I was worried, and quite anxious, about meeting them.  It could have been very awkward, being the "New" Girlfriend, but the neighbors have been very nice to me, and one of them and I talk over the back fence, and I enjoy her, another neighbor heard me playing Ruzzle and now, she and I play against each other.  So, I suppose my anxiety was for naught.

So, I'm getting used to the day to day routine.  Tomorrow, I'll tackle the bathrooms again!

1 comment:

  1. Like it, seems you are not just the only one who's found a home and maybe even a playmate to boot for Libby.

    ReplyDelete