Monday, October 15, 2012

Making my Daddy proud

Well, that was a title that I never thought that I'd use.  It has always seemed that I was always a disappointment to my father.  Typing that out hurts me more that I really want to admit.  But it's the truth.  It seems as though I've been more disappointing to him than anything else.  Today, however, my Daddy told me that he was proud of me.  He's proud of how I am handling myself through the divorce proceedings, and that I'm not losing my brain and freaking out on anyone about it.  He's proud of me for going back to school at my age, and being courageous (his word) enough to want an education.  He's unbelievably proud of my GPA.  For my dad, the Electrical Engineering Professor at Liberty University, this is a HUGE deal, that his daughter, has decided to go back to college, and actually do it, and then to have the grades that I have.

I think that the last time my father told me that he was proud of me, was right after I delivered David, my son.  So, this is a big deal for me.  In an earlier blog I wrote that I've been pretty emotional lately, so to be very honest, those words, spoken to me by my daddy made me cry, but in a good way.  I'm crying now, to be even more honest.  I love that he said that to me.

Daddy, I've always wanted to make you proud, and I'm sorry that it's taken me this long to do it.  I love you, and respect you probably more than you'll ever know, and hearing you say those words were a balm to my very heavy heart and soul.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment