Thursday, October 11, 2012

Long time no write

It's been a very long time since I've written in my blog.  Time to fix that.  I've been pretty busy these days with school, work, and trying to get my divorce finalized.  So much going on, and a lot of stress, but I'm working through it all, and smiling as I go.

I've found that it's better to laugh than cry, and to be happy than sad.  I'm choosing happiness.  It's a nice choice.  It doesn't really take that much to make me happy either.  A phone call, to say you're thinking about me; a hug; and time well spent.  

Divorce proceedings have been interesting to say the very least.  I'm not going into details now, however, let's just say that acting as my own attorney is a bit scary.  I just know that I have to be more prepared than I thought I'd have to be.  I'm learning a lot about the Law, and the Law as it is perceived in West Virginia.  I have a whole new respect for it, that's for sure.

As for school, I still have my 4.0 gpa, and am working really hard to keep it that way.  This 5 week class is on personal finance, and I'm learning a lot about budgeting, and I'm thinking that it just might be time to hire a personal financial planner.  I've never been great with handling budgets, but I'm getting better, and am learning more about them.

I've learned a lot about friendship in the past few months, and believe that my friends are who keep me sane!  Thanks y'all for being there for me, allowing me to spend time with you, to laugh with you, to cry with you, and for allowing me to cry on your shoulders as well.  

October 31 should be the final divorce hearing, and I'll be free, FINALLY!

No comments:

Post a Comment