Tuesday, November 5, 2013

What If?????

For the past couple of days, I've been thinking about the words: "What If".  Two simple words; what and if, however; when put together to form a question, they're pretty powerful words. The problem with those two words is that there's never really an answer to them.  Yesterday was a rough day, and my daughter keeps asking herself this question of "what if I hadn't been in the shower and had answered my phone that awful day two years ago"?  I cannot answer that question for her and know that to try to answer it would be foolish.

I tend to ask myself the same question, over and over about various things. What if I didn't get depressed, what if I was a different person, what if, what if, what if?  I think that those two words can lead me off into a totally different world of regrets, admonishments, and self-loathing. So, what if I hadn't made all of the decions that I have made in my 47 years on this planet?  I'm going to answer it today. I would not be the person that I am, I would have the knowledge that I have acquired, and I wouldn't have the people who are a big part of my life. So, what if seems to me to be a big reason for my own depression. I choose to live without regrets and I choose to live a happier life. I choose to be thankful. To hell with "What If"!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment