Friday, February 1, 2013

Formal Employment

Today, I got the best news that I could hear.  I have had two interviews with Susquehanna Memorial Gardens and Mt. Rose Cemetery, had to go through background checks, both criminal and driver's license, and a pre-employment drug screen.  I wasn't expecting the results of all 3 of these to be back so soon, and neither was my new employer.  It seems as though I've passed everything with flying colors, and am now a new Family Service Counselor there.  Whoo Hoo!

Now, I'm doing a happy dance, but truthfully, deep down, I'm concerned about working full time again.  It's been a long time since I've worked full time, and then this job is fully commission...can I do this?  Is it possible?  What about school?  Can I handle both school and working full time?  I'm about to have a melt down over this...I expected it to happen, but this is really hitting me quickly too.  It's strange to be so excited about a new venture, and then be apprehensive about it all at the same time.

So, wish me luck, and hope and pray that my nerves calm down.  I'm sure that I'll be ok, and that this new venture is going to work out just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment